This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a book of How to make victims of people without them feeling like such?
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Is there a book of How to make victims of people without them feeling like such?
Are there any textbooks about methods for taking advantage of people without them realising it ever?

I think many advertising and business models do that but I am not sure we realise it.

We create social structures for a reason, including governments and markets, but at some point in time those structures, as they grow, seem to create their own environment beyond the reasons they were created for. And the people who are part of that, begin not to notice the monsters they have created and eventually embrace them. All those "business, social, etc. structures/machineries/entities" are always designed to take more than they give thus concentrating the difference in the hands of a fewer number of entities.

This principle of taking advantage and pocketing the difference trickles down to the individual. For example, it is wildly accepted that companies will put new employee on a probational 6 month period (often at a lower rate of payment and with no job security). However when the companies are hired to provide service for a short period of time (e.g. first minute talking on the phone) or one-off products (e.g. a packet of biscuits from the shop) then they charge more. Applying the same logic an employee on probation should charge the company much more than an employee not on probation.

The claim that the company takes risks when employing somebody is another thing we come to silently agree and allow to be taken advantage of. The risk for the company is much less than the risk for the individual if the things do not work out. This is especially true for jobs in the lower half of the company's pyramid.

Why it is that we do not have laws that stops entities to take advantage of other entities? There is always something left out of the law that allows legalised exploitation/advantage to take place.

Who can teach me how this happens and how to use it to control the world for my benefit?

I want people to obey me without thinking that I am taking advantage of them. Where are the textbooks for that?

Another example, we all agree that medieval moral values and social contract is unacceptable from modern perspective and yet the people living in those times embraced those rules and allowed despicable things to take place. I want to learn to do that to people - make them victims without them feeling like such. Where are the textbooks - some modern version of Machiavellian philosophy with modern examples perhaps?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM

well we have been doing it through history but it doesn't work forever as you say people can be fooled and abused but it usually ends in catastrophe there have been civil wars galore you see greed and selfishness
is a disease of the mind and uncontrollable it always results in over indulgence and demise as in today there is a great deal of resentment building up heads will roll don't be one of them

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

It's a five volume set:

Part One: the Torah
Part Two: The Baghivad Gita
Part Three: The New Testament
Part Four: The Book of Mormon
Part Five: The Koran
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

I think a book on "community organizer" would probably be your best bet. A "community organizer" is one who can convince people that obvious lies are true and that believing such lies will lead to great benefits, and, of course, that not believing represents bigotry and bias (labels that people avoid at all costs in American society).
A careful study of advertising strategies - again, convincing people they need and deserve to have some "thing" which is really of no use to them - would seem to be helpful as well.