This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I convince my parents to let me try online schooling?
02-24-2014, 08:13 AM
How can I convince my parents to let me try online schooling?
I might have an anxiety disorder and it's taking over my life!! Since last week, every night before I go to school, I throw up really violently and my body trembles so much. I felt like I wanted to die. In the mornings, I throw up some more and sometimes feel dizzy. I know that's anxiety because it's bad and I'm throwing up at least 5 times per day now. My parents have noticed this and decided not to take me to school. They know I feel like the world is a scary place.

Ive missed 6 days of school so far and may miss one tomorrow. I am in independent study right now! I feel like I'm some sort of prisoner in an area of unpleasant people. I honestly HATE high school and I ALWAYS get anxious in mornings before I have to go.

My family is finically struggling, and a lot of times I have to pay for materials for classes. I feel that online school would be a good option because you don't really need to pay for any materials, just your laptop/computer, connection, and printer ink.

My parents might not want me to do it since I wouldn't explore the "real world" as well or be social as much, or that they think I wouldn't be getting exercise.
My solutions (if they're enough to convince them): -They can take me out of the house at least once a day and make me be social with cashiers, church members, and strangers (the kind ones, of course).

-My parents go for long walks everyday. If I join them, that would probably count as exercise! i'll also do warmups at home and maybe exercise in the exercise room more often too.

-Oh, and I have friends. I skype them every night and one of them has the exact same problem as me but he handles it better than I do. I could also go to churches and be social from there. I feel like online school would be less stressful on me, therefore making it easier for me to focus on my mental health.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How can I convince my parents to let me try online schooling? - Lilly - 02-24-2014 08:13 AM
[] - kagmi - 02-24-2014, 08:21 AM
[] - Kayla V - 02-24-2014, 08:37 AM
[] - hi - 02-24-2014, 08:39 AM