This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the most compelling arguments for becoming a conservative or a liberal?
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM

look around the world... where would you want to live... pick out the top five nations you would want to move to...

odds are... all five have at least moderate social programs, most have universal health care and most are quite liberal...

if conservative ideas are so great, where do their ideas work and why don't you want to move there?

EDIT: what conservative nation existed forever? do tell? I don't think I've heard of that nation?

EDIT: also, if you're really into just baseless rhetoric about vague generalities of freedom and no real facts or ideas to back them up... that's a conservative thing... if that's a compelling argument for you

EDIT: "since the beginning of civilization" yet you can't name any?

here, I'll name some liberal ones... modern Germany, modern Japan, modern Sweden, modern Canada, modern Israel, modern UK, modern France, modern Belgium, modern Finland, even the U.S. to a large degree with our social programs...

OK, now your turn...

it's hard for me to debate you when you have zero facts to back up your claims... all your have are gross over generalizations, like liberals like "communism" when no major liberal groups push any system like communism in the U.S. today..

EDIT: lol... Egypt... Iran? liberal? lol... Ok, it's clear you don't even know what liberal means... you're a fool or a troll, either way, this is over as you don't even understand the basic terms being used and you children can run along and play

EDIT: yeah, WHO CARES WHAT IDEAS ACTUALLY WORK, RIGHT?

I am VERY WELL AWARE that you want to wallow in your ignorance and substandard ideas and you don't care if the rest of the world passes you by and leaves you in some third world nation status...

meanwhile, we drag red states kicking and screaming into first world nation status...

EDIT: lol... OK, if you're going to call Sweden conservative... I guess I'm a conservative by your standards then? my basic ideas are VERY similar to sweden's basic gov..

why do you keep calling me a liberal then when these are the ideas I push?

how can I keep up when you say two different things?

the truth is... I keep up... and you change your story every time I ask you details about it?

like now UK and sweden are conservative... MAGIC! I guess universal health care is a conservative idea too?

you still didn't name one nation? or is sweden your nation too?

well, if so, then I guess we're all "conservatives then"... yay!

do you realize that NO OTHER CONSERVATIVES actually believe anything you just said? lol

EDIT: I said sweden before...and you said the nations I mentioned were conservative?

are you drunk? you seem to be about two steps behind here... you're talking about things I said and then seem to forget you said them?

and again, you still mention no conservative nation by name? which ones have lasted longer? this is like the third time I've asked for actual names and two times you just go off on a rant and ignore it...

EDIT: you just listed the nations randomly in your sources, you didn't say how you were using them... I assumed you meant they were liberal as they have not lasted very long with any one government... but now you seem to think they are conservative and proof of a long lasting gov.?

I guess 30 years in Iraq is forever?

can you please just focus on try to make one basic defense?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Françoise - 03-24-2014, 10:39 AM
[] - largegirl999 - 03-24-2014 10:44 AM
[] - thankfulunderwear257 - 03-24-2014, 10:48 AM
[] - Sean - 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM
[] - Carcer - 03-24-2014, 10:57 AM
[] - Question Rater - 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM
[] - redbird - 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM
[] - space - 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
[] - Keith - 03-24-2014, 11:18 AM