This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
intro to computers Continued ! already posted ? this is the assignment hope Franco&Hello-thar see this !?
04-28-2014, 02:34 AM

1. If he plans on staying home most of the time, he should get a computer, tablet, and a smartphone. The tablet and smartphone can virtually do the same things, but the tablet is a bit faster and has a larger screen. However, his smartphone can be for his on-the-go tablet. Either allow for video conferences, given his tablet has internet connection. His computer can be used for documenting/internet/etc. All it needs is basic requirements, as he won't be doing anything extensive on it. Perhaps 2-4 GB of RAM, 3TB hard drive, and a monitor of at least 1280x1024 resolution. A laptop is optional, as he can do most record keeping on his tablet or phone, and send it to his cloud or computer by email. The 3TB hard drive is required for all of the data he will need to keep.

2. The two main choices in operating systems would be Windows and Linux. Linux is best for programming and cloud-computing as well as servers. Windows generally does best with business because of it's ease of use. In context of Bill, Windows probably does best.

3. "The Cloud" allows very easy access to data, wherever you are. Like I said earlier, a smartphone would be helpful as a tablet in regards to easy access to data or similar functions to smaller computer technology, such as word documenting, internet browsing, etc. Bluetooth would help with communication, but is not absolutely needed. If he absolutely needed Internet anywhere he went and having the smartphone won't cut it, he should get a wireless-hotspot device. That allows him to carry Internet access wherever he is for any wireless device he may have on him.

4. The only software I could think of that he may need is a powerpoint creator, a word document creator, spreadsheet creator, antivirus/antimalware, video conferencing capable software, and perhaps a Cloud monitor (whether that'd be his Internet browser or dedicated softwrare). I'm not familiar with classes on these, so you may have to just look into that.

5. My guess estimate would be around $4000, maybe $5000, not including monthly fees from things like phones or hosted cloud computing or potential class prices. He is starting a business, after all.

I answered these to the best of my ability. I read the assignment and put it together as I could. I am a computer enthusiast, not a business man or paralegal personnel. Take my answers with a grain of salt.

If you use what I typed up here, *make sure it's what your professor is expecting*.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Hello-thar - 04-28-2014 02:34 AM