This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Request timed out" on trace route?
06-09-2014, 08:18 AM
"Request timed out" on trace route?
Recently I've been unable to access my school website, which I need to access for registering for class. I've tried on different browsers, turned off firewall/antivirus, and cleared cookies and cache, but it didn't work. I can't connect on either home or school wifi on my laptop, but can connect on my phone and friends' computers. I get the error "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to inside.pacific.edu Try reloading: inside.­pacific.­edu".

I've tried a tracert command, but I don't really know what any of it means. Starting from the 8th hop, it says that the "Request timed out."

Screenshot:
http://i61.tinypic.com/34j6fee.png
Just tried a proxy via hidemyass.com and it works.
Just tried a wired connection and that works too. o_o
I checked on ipchicken and the one i got through wifi was different than the one through ethernet.

I just don't know why they'd blacklist the wifi one because I live on campus and am using the wifi provided by the school.

I'm not super techy so I don't really know what it means, but I did a dns flush and that didn't work. ):

I did the nslookup command prompt and this is what showed up: http://oi58.tinypic.com/izw4fq.jpg. The first one was through wifi and the second two were through ethernet.
I also forgot to mention, but. I can't access anything that's pacific.edu, but I haven't noticed this problem for any other sites.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"Request timed out" on trace route? - 515 - 06-09-2014 08:18 AM
[] - Tracy L - 06-09-2014, 08:21 AM
[] - Ty Zang - 06-09-2014, 08:31 AM
[] - Arnika - 06-09-2014, 08:42 AM