This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If Tea Party members hate social security, then why don't we let them opt out of Social Security and Medicare?
10-14-2012, 04:21 PM
If Tea Party members hate social security, then why don't we let them opt out of Social Security and Medicare?
I'm all for a Social Security opt out - as long as those people don't get amnesty and the chance to collect later on. We could also let them forego Medicare and let them try to navigate the private insurance market when they're in their 80s (not that they'll live that long once they lose access to health care).
Chris, you do realize that the time period you're referring to was when the average life expectancy was only 62 years right?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2012, 04:29 PM

They would if they could - as it stands only members of Congress and the Senate can do it

Ads

Why don't they reject those services? Show that they hate entitlements!

im pwetty sure the govmints cant control it all

If I could get all the money I have wasted into it, I am down for that!!!one!11!!

And I would get more of a return on my money.

*******Seems you have a large group of strangers that are for it. Can I come to your house to get my money back or do I need to go to Pennsylvania Ave?

*The inverse of your question would be, why don't liberals pay extra taxes voluntarily? They always want to spend more.

Kewl! Finally something we can agree one. I want all the money I paid into the system to date, and not another nickel taken from my check.

People lived thousand of years just fine before social programs we introduced.

I would be happy to opt out

There are plenty of us would like to opt out of SS. But of course that means the gov must return our money, and stop taking more every payday. Democrats will never allow it.

Yes! I'm first in line! But does that still mean illegal immigrants still get "free entitlements" or not?

Seriously. I would LOVE for the government to get out of my pocketbook and out of my business. I'll opt out of the Marxist nanny state re distributive liberal insanity this nation has become as soon as I get the chance.

Let ME be the one to control my money and my destiny without a liberal leftist authoritarian government intervening.

On the other hand I can't imagine any liberal even contemplating a life without government intervention.

Intentional ignorance of the truth = liberal insanity.