This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I in the friend zone?
02-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Am I in the friend zone?
Im a little bit puzzled at the moment as to where I stand with this one particular girl.
Met her at a Halloween party and quite literally got on from their, she then added me on facebook and before I know it we are talking pretty much every day.

Since we live a little distance away as Im university, she usually comes up for events etc and thats how I have got to know her more, on top of speaking to her over text and facebook etc. She was seeing another boy around a month ago but has said she dont know why she was seeing him and knew it was not going anywhere, this has all blown over now.

On New Years eve however we started getting with each other whilst we was out and then she stayed at mine for the next night. A few nights ago we arranged to meet and head out for food with another couple. She then stayed at mine.

My problem is this, I dont know whether I am in the friend zone or not, for example we have shared the same bed on three occasions and nothing has happened, yet over the phone we have talked about sex etc. Another thing I have noticed is that Im kissing her less often which im completely unsure on.

I dont know whether its her waiting for me to get things rolling or if these are signs of simply being in the friend zone, the reason I am unsure is because theirs things that happen/happened that make me think im not, like i have kissed her on multiple occasions, talked about personal things and speaking to her about sex which she started the conversation on. She also wanted me to her meet her mum and step dad which I have and she has also met my family, which would kind of be unnecessary if we were just friends.

What are you thoughts and what should I do?
Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2014, 08:46 PM

i think u should like get thinks going like make a move and see how she responds like if she backs away then friend zoned but if she goes along then not

Ads

02-20-2014, 08:51 PM

She&#x27;s waiting for you to make the first move. As a girl we don&#x27;t normally make the first move it&#x27;s normally the guy. If she has been talking to you about sex and been getting with you she is obviously trying to get you to make the first move. The signals are obvious!! She has sent out plenty of hints..(which we expect guys to pick up on.)

Also I think she liked you while she seeing that other boy or she wouldn&#x27;t have come up to see you or said she didnt know why she was with him etc
02-20-2014, 08:56 PM

Is your relationship more similar to your relationship with your other friends or your ex girlfriends. Maybe you should just ask her out if you like her. If you don't like her make sure she knows SHE is in the friend zone.
02-20-2014, 08:58 PM

the friend zone is an illusion, it doesn't exist; she likes or did like you--you just didn't make a definitive move and now she doesn't know if you have feelings for her, so she doesn't want to risk getting hurt and is pulling away

a lot of times at this point it usually doesn't work out, but if you want it to, you need to find a way to convince her that you really want her--some kind of romantic surprise is your best bet

otherwise, better luck next time
02-20-2014, 09:10 PM

Did you know that the definition of "Friend Zone" for both
guys and girls is: "I'M TOO CHICKEN TO LET MY FRIEND
KNOW THAT I HAVE STRONGER FEELINGS FOR THEM"
Really. Ask around. Everyone who believes in a rule that no
one ever wrote or "Friends" never discussed or agreed to;
are controlled by this fear.
This is my way of saying I don't believe in friend zones. If a zone exist for you, its because you are causing it or hiding behind it. She is already yours and you treat her like a car YOU MIGHT buy. Kissing, meeting the folks, sleeping together (sex or not) are barriers "just friends" don't cross. Are you waiting for HER to propose marriage in oder to be sure you're not JUST FRIENDS? Besides IT NEVER MATTERS what others think or feel about you. You have to deal with what goes on in your heart and in your head. Do what you feel like or think as long as NO ONE gets physically hurt. You will only know if something is a MISTAKE after you take a CHANCE. Right now you are torturing yourself with curiosity. If you make a move for yourself, the other person will accept or reject you. Either way, you have your answer and the self torture STOPS, even if you are rejected. NOTHING really worth having, will be easy. You get to choose, What is Worth Having.