This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is capitalism beneficial for the average person if the capitalist gets wealthy off your labour?
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
How is capitalism beneficial for the average person if the capitalist gets wealthy off your labour?
If the capitalist owns the tools to produce goods and services, he has power to hire you, and given that you do NOT have the tools to produce your own goods- because that requires money & capital- you must accept the terms the contract in order to sustain your life. (You can choose between similar contracts, but none give you entire autonomy of your labour) The profit is taken from the surplus of your labour- the wage you get is not the entirety of what your labour produced- so the capitalist profits from owning the material you use to produce goods/provide services, and admittedly taking a risk with the capital & labour BUT the vast majority of the profit should go to the workers. So how is this beneficial relationship? It's good for those who own capital but not for those who do not.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 08:02 PM

Capitalism offers everyone a chance to get wealthy by hard work, going to college or starting a business.

Ads

04-08-2014, 08:06 PM

It's NOT.. It's a way for a tiny group to control the means of production--
and then make everyone else work for them.
04-08-2014, 08:12 PM

Into every one life a little rain must fall
Oh and your post is silly
04-08-2014, 08:21 PM

They also get wealthy off jacking up prices for stuff. If government forces higher wages, they jack up prices for goods instead... Why capitalism is always doomed to fail and will always have constant boom and bust cycles.
04-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Right,like Communism where the government gets 95% capital and the worker gets 5% ? The good thing about capitalism is that it encourages competition. So if I hate the way a business pays me,I can take my efforts to another company that cares more for the workers. I do not support Major Corporate takeovers in any way,shape or form.
04-08-2014, 08:34 PM

Capitalism itself is not a problem.

Unregulated capitialism is. Capitalism cannot exist in a vacuum of no regulation: it must necessarily devolve into a libertarian paradise like Somalia (no regulations), or feudalism or monopoly (control of an entire market).

An unregulated or poorly regulated marketplace stifles innovation and prohibits new ideas and new products from entering the marketplace. A good example currently is the Comcast/Time Warner merger proposed. Without regulation it would go through without objection.

Already with the striking down of the FCC's Net Neutrality regulations by the courts and the commissioner of the FCC (a former lobbyist for the cable industry), Netflix customers are already reporting data slowdowns, and it seems likely that smaller Websites (such as a blog) will have to pay graft to allow their data to be transmitted at equal speeds. Comcast has already put the Weather Channel on notice that it may be banned from its network (as Comcast is promoting its own weather channel).
04-08-2014, 08:37 PM

It's not. Capitalism = theft.

You might like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoTJ3kdf97E

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdjVXDAd...ist&view=0
04-08-2014, 08:45 PM

Capitalists own the tools to produce goods? Every business requires some kind of capital. Are you one of those freeloading hippies that believe that love will create wealth? A person with any business savvy can achieve success but it is not guaranteed........are you looking for a guarantee? Well, from a business person myself, you must work the business with passion and believe in it too. Without those two factors there is no money in the world that will keep you going.

Stop blaming outside sources and start to take control instead of making excuses and blaming everyone else.
04-08-2014, 08:46 PM

It's a contract for mutual benefit, you are no more "enslaved" by having to work for a living than the factory owner is enslaved to you because he has to hire workers in order to survive. Neither you or the factory owner are entitled to free food, water, and shelter from the rest of society if you decide you shouldn't have to work with one another. Ultimately you'll always be a "wage slave" because you'll always need to work to survive, even if you leave society completely you'll find that nature doesn't provide free meals.

I'm not saying corporate influence hasn't gone insane (welfare is still wrong even if it's a bank getting it) but this wage slave communist stuff is just not intellectually sound.