This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was I Wrong to BREAK UP Her Marriage?
04-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Was I Wrong to BREAK UP Her Marriage?
Before judging, please read my entire question.

I am a working class woman who is a waitress. This is a tough job and I rely on my tips to get by.

I recently had a customer who ordered roughly $50 worth of food and drink from me. I was prompt, friendly and accurate with her order and she seemed pleasant to me as well.

When I brought her the check, she paid by credit card and left. When I came to the table she had paid her bill, but on the line where it says TIP she wrote "Get a Real Job" and then the amount "0". I was so hurt and shocked at the same time a person would be this cruel.

At the end of my shift I was still crying about it. My coworkers told me to get over it, but I could not. I was able to track down the woman via her name on the bill. I facebooked her that night and to my surprise, she is mutual friends with a lot of my own. To make a long story short, I discovered she is also married. I conjured up a fake facebook profile posing as a hot stripper, and linked the account to some of her friends, tagged her and wrote "Thinking about your husband's manhood in my mouth."

Apparently this caused a lot more damage then I thought. She flipped out on her husband, kicked him out of the house- then discovered it was fake too late and now her husband has filed divorce, and she might lose custody to her children. She is taking me to court but I have a lawyer and also the horrible receipt she left telling me to get a real job. She got what she deserved. Was I wrong?
I don't think a lot of you have worked in the service industry. It IS your obligation to tip when you go out to eat. 15% is standard, 20% is preferred. This is 2014, not the 50s. I did everything right, and she was overtly rude for no reason. It's not so much that she stiffed me, but that she added insult to injury.
@???: Weird story? This happened you stupid bytch. Why don't you get a real life and stop judging others. Asshole.
@???: Weird story? This happened to me and you're an asshole to judge. Get a real life you twat.
@DigMutt: God you're a lost cause aren't you? A TIP is not a gift. If you can afford to go out to eat, you can afford to tip. I am now to assume you're cheap ass doesn't tip. Are you from America? I am guessing not; go back to your country please. Not tipping your waitress is cheap and makes you look poor and stupid. The woman who stiffed me also insulted me. You're an idiot.
@???: I hope your parents are killed in a car crash. Then you'll learn to actually feel pain- loser.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 07:04 PM

Yes you took it too far and have basically ruined her life. Yes she was nasty with her comment but did she really deserve all of that? The answer is no. Karma would have bit her on the ass anyways without you interfering.

Ads

04-28-2014, 07:08 PM

Yes. Though I can sympathize with you but expecting Tips is not your legal/moral right. Though any cruel comment from her side on the receipt is on the bad side. But it is entirely up to a person whether she wants to tip or not. You committed a fraud and false impersonation and online harassment. All of these are illegal.

NO ! It is not at all anyone's obligation to tip. It is ONLY a social practice which anyone can decide to not follow.
04-28-2014, 07:11 PM

She was mean (I used to be a waitress myself and yes totally bang out of order) but this was her family. I wouldn't have done it but it's done now. If you feel bad maybe try contacting her again and see if you can both make some sort of peace and try to help get her husband back.
04-28-2014, 07:21 PM

You were not wrong, but legally, depending on the state, you could be civilly liable for alienation of affection. I doubt that your prank was their only problem, if it turns out there were other problems in the marriage, you could be absolved of liability. Bottom line is you do not know if this divorce will be better for everyone involved or if it will be worse.
04-28-2014, 07:24 PM

"She got what she deserved."

defamation
noun
the act of defaming; false or unjustified injury of the good reputation of another, as by slander or libel; calumny: 'She sued the magazine for defamation of character.'

It seems like you will be paying a high price on your insistence that she get what you believed she deserved.

Question for you - will you be explaining it personally to her children's faces that she "got what she deserved" as well?
04-28-2014, 07:25 PM

Yes what you did was wrong because you destroyed a family.

Why just because she said get a real job
Like for real that is not right at all cause u could&#x27;ve simply got over it...
04-28-2014, 07:25 PM

You could likely go to jail for this. The bill you are saving will be evidence will work against you, proving that it wasn't just slander, it was malicious slander. I'm not judging, but these are the facts. Perhaps you get some insight into your choice while in jail.. I worked for tips all through my 20's.
04-28-2014, 07:29 PM

I believe that you need a psych evaluation.

It's one thing to imagine revenge of such a nature, but to go to such lengths to carry it out is unfathomable.

That you would risk your job, your freedom (tracking her down based on credit card info is illegal) and her personal life, including any kids, is........nuts.

You're nuts. Really.
04-28-2014, 07:36 PM

definitely
that's life you probably gonna be set guilty with a very harsh punishment
you should have thought about what her story behind it is
what would happen to you
her kids, husband, friends, everyone is gonna probably be really angry with you because of what you did and her for kicking her husband rather than asking and finding everything about it

to be honest with you what i think you should do is no matter what
say sorry to her and you should probably get an apology back
do something to get them back together
even if u do go to prison then at least you know that what u have dun has been fixed and for how long your sentence might be you know everything is gonna be alright.
i think that like your coworkers said you should have just left it.
or asked her about it rather than making a facebook account