This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it worth downloading google chrome?
05-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Is it worth downloading google chrome?
I currently use safari as my browser but it lacks what I want. Internet explorer is not an option so for those that use google chrome what is it like?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 07:00 PM

Don't bother with it, I tried it and found it pretty crapSad

Ads

05-31-2014, 07:15 PM

Google chrome is for the minimalist, if you like whistles and bells chrome is not the way to go.
05-31-2014, 07:17 PM

Meh, it's OK. Try downloading Mozilla Firefox (http://www.getfirefox.com), it's better than IE, as it has added safety protection. I used google chrome for a couple of days but really didn't get on with it. Having said that, it was just after it had come out so there were bugs that hindered it. Firefox is by far the best though, it's free and I've had no problems with it.

What exactly were you looking for?
05-31-2014, 07:29 PM

It's pretty fast but very minimal. It's good for watching videos but I'll stick with Firefox. Download Chrome and try it, it won't hurt anything.
05-31-2014, 07:39 PM

Google Chrome is brilliant as a website designer i use it everyday for its inbuilt inspector for checking out the coding behind websites.

Google Chrome does something really clever to speed up the loading of pages. What happens when you visit a website it checks all the links that are on that page and ensures that it knows where to get the links should you click on them. It also has some great inbuilt security, and the address bar is really nice for ease of use. Search and enter a web URL in the same box natively.

It also has a great history and favourites manager. And even better it has support for the latest CSS meaning that you can get the best out of web 2.0 websites.

One or two issues that you may find however is that there are still slight issues with some websites. Particularly banks, some banks have not yet secured their sites for use in google chrome and some websites do not display at all. Also there may be one or two issues with Windows XP users where the update feature slows down certain machines. Google are working through these bugs.

Overall though i would recommend you get it. Fast startup, fast browsing and a really really simple to use interface.

Hope this helps.
05-31-2014, 07:44 PM

Google Chrome is very quick, I have it and i use it as a default web browser, simple and organised.
05-31-2014, 07:50 PM

Just download it. it won't take no more than about 3 minutes to download and install. you don't even have to restart your computer. its ok. it is has a simple, straight-forward interface.

http://www.google.com/chrome

it won't hurt anything to download. if you don't like it, just uninstall it.
05-31-2014, 07:53 PM

mmm nah i didnt like it that much waste of time... stick with firefox.
05-31-2014, 07:58 PM

I think it is, I used to use Firefox but find Chrome to be much faster and more intuitive.

It's a matter of taste, I think; if you like minimalism then you'll probably like Chrome.