This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Customize private settings for certain friends on Facebook?
12-23-2013, 11:27 PM
Customize private settings for certain friends on Facebook?
Is there a way to prevent some friends on from seeing your timeline or what I post? I don't outright block people but what to limit their access to things.

One may think why have them as friends? But I like to keep my family and friends separate...worlds colliding you see.

Thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2013, 11:36 PM

To achieve what you intent to, ie. only certain people that can see your post (words, photo or whatever), you have to change the audience for that post.

• Say when you want to post something in your timeline or your newsfeed, you go to that Status Update box, right?
• Now, on the bottom of the Status Update, you see icon that looks like head silhouette or globe?
• Click it (it's called "audience selector"), change it to whoever you want to see you NEXT post (it'll stick to that setting until you change it).
• You'll see several option in there, choose Family (or other list as you wish) if you want that your post can only be seen (not necessarily they will see it in their newsfeed though) by your Family only.
• You can even expand/modify your choice as you wish; just click Custom. A new box will appear for you to determine further to execute whatever you want; eg. you want only a specific friend that can see it, or all your friends can see it but not a certain friends.

Just try it, then check it by going to your time line, click that star on the right of your Message button, click "view as", then fill it with a name ...... to see how your timeline is seen by that friend.

Good luck in exploring this magic feature of FB under your finger, you who control who can see or not your particular post/share/album (only the ones you created yourself), isn't it wonderful?

The same 'rule' of "audience selector" also applied when you Share other's post, even the one in your photo Album; just tinker with that audience selector, your audience selector that is (not other's).
Good luck exploring this gem.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply