This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you maintain dignity after a hurtful unfair breakup? Depressed and desperate...?
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
How do you maintain dignity after a hurtful unfair breakup? Depressed and desperate...?
he broke up with me with a text..not giving a reason,, i was devestated and tried to reach him sevral times to find out what happened and why he did this to me.. he simply ignored all my messages, calls, emails,, texts..etc...Now i am hearing that he has started talking behind my back to those who I never approved as a friend. I'm so angry and hurt for what he's been doing to me..I loved this man so much and i always had respect for him that's why it hurts me so much...im very depressed...he is on facebook pretty active like nothing has happened.. i dont know why he would do this to me,

I feel horrible for begging him to give me n answer and he ignored me..i made myself look desperate..now i want to know how i can maintain my dignity and respect after him treating me like garbage..., i am trying to move on because i dont think that i would ever want to go back to him again even though i still have strong feelings for him.. im hurt so much ... what should i do/....need your help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

Leave it alone and tell people that he's been spreading rumors that aren't true. Shows alot about a person and he will be the one who is embarassed beside himself in the fututre after the dust has settled. To go to great lengths like that to hurt and embarase the person you used to care for and "love" well, that just shows you...

Don't worry with time it will be alright. Hang in there. Good luck :-)

Ads

02-19-2014, 12:45 PM

He is a coward and petty. The reason he did this to you isn't because of you, but because of the loser he is. Something happened inside HIS head (that has nothing to do with you). Perhaps he decided it was worthless to do this to you over another female, or perhaps there was no one else involved and he got some crazy idea in his head like that he wants to be single and decided this was the way he wanted to do it instead of being a man and owning up to it and telling you straightforward what his problem was. You have not made yourself look desperate, let me flip it around - do you care if a jerk really likes you? His talking behind your back is a testament to his coward personality. He sounds insane really, flipping the switch at a kneejerk and then talking crap behind your back without even giving you a chance to respond to his accusations. He's a jerk, a coward, and you don't need to worry about looking desperate because you aren't desperate. This was the normal human reaction.
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

1 - Change your facebook status, as well as, any other social media statuses;
2 - No more phone calls, texts, emails, nothing! Zip Zero - nada;
3 - If he calls, texts, emails, chats you, etc., do not respond or answer; You lose ground if you do. As tempting as you may get, don't do it;
4 - Whenever you see him or any of his friends, hold your head up and maintain a smile as if life is great. Even if you want to just sink in your seat or cry. Remain composed. It will bother him more to know that when he or one of his friends saw you, you looked great and happy. If you look miserable and down and out, he will be grateful with his decision;
5 - Schedule a girls night out with your friends. Look fabulous and take a lot of pics.

This is how you will maintain your dignity. Whatever you do, don't hook up with any of his friends or do anything hoe-ish. You want to look respectable and fly. There's plenty of fish in the sea, so get yourself together and live it up.
02-19-2014, 12:57 PM

That really sucks. As much as it hurts move on. Stay busy it will get better I promise.
02-19-2014, 01:00 PM

Now here is some nice old fashioned advice over a nice cup of tea. It is time to dry your pretty eyes and know your best revenge is to live and look good! Get to the gym and take those aggressions on building a hot new you and fix your hair real pretty. get out with your friends and have fun and don't talk about whats his name. Now it is all about you. Hold your head up high and proud that it is good riddance to bad rubbish. Now you are free to be your own woman. soon people will wonder why he blew it with such a good woman! Best to you and hope this helps!
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

hopes u the best... t how e guys have answered it very well.

plz answer mine. It&#x27;s really really important to my life.

http:&#x2F;&#x2F;answers.yahoo.com&#x2F;question&#x2F;index;_ylt=Ap6SW1IaD_W4JlYYjgx3I1DwX3U6?qid=20140215014830AAF3z4Q
02-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Honey, one thing you can do, is when you start to miss him, wish you had him back, remember ALL he did against you to hurt you, it WILL help you loose all those loving feelings you have/had for him. What a total coward, & how utterly disrespectful of him to do this against you. Honey, he's not worth a hair on your head for how low he is. I would NEVER give him the satisfaction of ever going back to him again. Do your best to put him in your past, bury it all deep, go forward with your life. Your past will be forever gone, but your future still your own. There IS a special someone out there for you, you haven't met him yet, but you will when you least expect it. You'll then know the reason he was not meant to be. Know that the best IS yet to come, & it WILL, wait & see, honey...Smile
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

I am 40 and went through the same thing this year. If he doesn't even have the decency to speak with you in person regarding why he was breaking up then leave it alone. If you feel it necessary then give him an honest email about your feelings (not accusing him but saying why you love him and why this is confusing) and then leave it at that. You will feel more 'clean' knowing that your feelings are out but you are also going to move forward and heal yourself. I am still not ready to date after my last relationship where this occurred but in time I will be. I'm just not forcing anything on myself. I'm not entirely over it so it wouldn't be fair to bring someone into my life at this point. That said, I do not call him or text him or email him anymore. He does not contact me and he hasn't attempted to. I'm not into men like him anymore but I'm still healing from this.
02-19-2014, 01:13 PM

He dumped you and you bombarded him with messages, texts, emails and calls. I think that horse called dignity has fled the stable.