This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any proof or evidence that homosexuality is morally wrong?
02-25-2014, 12:30 AM
Is there any proof or evidence that homosexuality is morally wrong?
A lot of people make this claim, but I rarely hear anyone supply any proof or evidence to support this claim. What is the proof and evidence that homosexuality is morally wrong? And if there's no proof and evidence, why do people make this claim?
@Tyvern: I know, but there's a lot of people who assert it as a fact.
@Paul: I know that story, but I asked for proof and evidence, not quotes from a story. Do you have any proof or evidence that it's morally wrong?
@Nick Sady: Do you have any proof or evidence that it's against nature's law, or that it's unnatural perversion?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2014, 12:37 AM

You can't provide proof or evidence of an opinion. However, since homosexuality doesn't harm anyone, there's no reason to discriminate against people who practice it.

@Paul: Everyone knows that story. The question is why is homosexuality still considered wrong today? Perhaps you can make an argument for the Messianic line being threatened, but since Christ has been dead for over two millenniums, I don't see the problem.

Ads

02-25-2014, 12:38 AM

no proof

morals based on beliefs, are often based on lies
02-25-2014, 12:42 AM

It's morally wrong only if you accept that the moral distinction between good and evil is:

"Whatever God arbitrarily decided was good and evil."

This is (for me) the problem with a God based morality. Because "evil" is defined as" "Anything that offends God's sensibilities."

I prefer a morality that defines "evil" as: "Things that harm people."

NOTE: Look at Paul's answer....see, he thinks God destroying innocent people is good...because God did it. But those sins that harmed no one, were evil because God didn't like them.

Very few of us would even dream of applying such moral rules to anything except God. I mean, why not say "good" is anything that please President Obama, and "evil" is anything that displeases him?

At least Obama could tell us what wanted in a speech.
02-25-2014, 12:46 AM

Like it or not, God destroyed two cities because of this very SIN. In the OT God said it was not only a SIN, but an ABOMINATION. The Bible is God's Word.. and He does NOT change his mind. Sorry. You can thumbs down me all you want, it does NOT change what God said about this and other sins apart from Christ.

1st Corinthians 6:9
"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God"

Dont get me wrong, Christians are NOT to be mean or hate homosexuals, but share God's Word about what He says about it and what their fate will be if they continue. People & groups like the westboro whacko's are sick individuals.. they have nothing but hate in their hearts & minds.

"Jesus said you will know my disciples in this that they have love one for another".. there is no love from these people for anyone including other Christians. In the end we are to show God's love not in condemnation but share with them that God's Love can forgive them if they REPENT - "Turn Away From" their sin. Whether its this sin or any sin that God listed there.

ALL or ANY Sin will eternally separate you from a Loving God. He isn't doing this.. YOU are. He sent Christ who came and died for our sins - IF we accept Him as savior.. but in that acceptance there is a requirement.. the same as Jesus said to the woman thrown at his feet accused of adultery. After it was all said and done he told her "Go now and sin no more"..

**No Chance Without Probability - are you REALLY that DENSE? I make no such supposition nor does God. In fact, your idiotic response is utterly refuted in the fact that I stated Jesus came and DIED for our sins.. including yours. God is NOT happy that many are lost.. in fact in the verse below its stated as such. Good try though pagan.

2nd Peter 3:19 "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
02-25-2014, 12:52 AM

To say something is morally wrong isn't an empirical statement that needs to be "proved". It a direct consequence of whatever you define "morality" to be.

Since most atheists would go by the utilitarian definition that morality is maximising happiness and minimising suffering, homosexuality is completely irrelevant.

Homosexuality is neither good nor evil.
02-25-2014, 12:59 AM

god damn you fags
02-25-2014, 01:06 AM

Unscientific people couldn't care less about proof.
02-25-2014, 01:12 AM

YES THE BIBLE...
many gay men end up with screwed up butts and they are not happy..
02-25-2014, 01:13 AM

Proof about Morality!

Let the Religous proove their god exist first.