This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My bf just shipped out for basic training and ive been so sad ever since. What can i do while i am waiting?
11-09-2012, 10:43 PM
My bf just shipped out for basic training and ive been so sad ever since. What can i do while i am waiting?
Him and i love each other a lot, we said it all the time and as he was leaving for the bus and every minute we had until he arrived at his basic training he kept repeating that he loved me. All it did was make me cry and more scared, since he has gotten there i have gotten one letter, and i have no idea what to do, or how to take this, or what will happen. Does anyone have any advice?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:52 PM

what you can do... just wait, there is nothing more to do... Communicate every time that is possible... And buy some toys.

Ads

Just keep writing him and letting him know you're there for him. Honestly whether he knows it or not, basic is a good experience. He may not like it now but believe me, some of my best memories are from basic. Just tell him everyone back home supports him, which hopefully is true. No reason to be sad, he's doing great things.

Exercise. Go to a place like Curves and get good workout. Exercise is proven to the be best reliever of stress and anxiety.

ricardo pretty much has it down haha

just calm down, and know he is all right. know matter how much they treat him like he isn't a human just know they will not touch him.he is very safe, he is on a heavily guarded base. all that is happening is, he is getting yelled at and doing exercises. and just remember in in a couple of weeks you will see him. in the mean time you should probably talk to other military wives, usually you can find them on facebook, and communicate with them because you will be able to relate to them. don't worry about anything.

Make YouTube vlog and make a record of what you feel and what you would tell him if he where with you! Tell him about it later and he can see how you felt , and it is a helpful thing to do for other gfs of guys at basic!
Simper
Fidelis.
Hope everything works for you guys.

my father was a career Army intelligence guy. What you do is make contact with other people that are in his unit. So if his bunkmate has a girl or wife that lives near you can chat her up.. Hang with other military orphans. Make up packages that your guys will like to get. Stamped envelopes with your address on them and maybe 3 sheets of paper in each one. He is alone, but busy. you are alone but bored. Cookies are also nice to receive. Good Luck. Ask him for his new best friends name and his gf's name.

I have seen bad bad things about women who cheat on a man while they are in a stress full environment like BCT. So please don't run off with Jody, and if you are going to dump him, wait until he is atleast done with BCT 'cause AIT is a different story.

Having only gotten one letter so far is normal. It took me about 3 weeks round trip to send and recieve a letter, and I was only 3 hours of flight time away. Also, I got my first call home week 6 or 8 (it all mixes together when you are done with BCT, it seems like it goes by so fast for the actual soldier). Always remember your boyfriend is doing something amazing for this country and you should be proud. Respect him as you would any other military man in uniform.

God bless you and stay true to your warrior. I am assuming that your BF is Army (maybe Marines) but to me, Army training was exciting. He will probably have some really good stories to tell, and if every other word you here is "fuck" (if it is censored, it is the "F" word), don't worry too much 'cause this is normal haha Wink

All you can do is wait. You will get more letters it just takes time before they are able to write! They go through so much they are busy most of the time. Bootcamp is like hell depending on what branch he is in, My husband is a Marine and as much as he tells me how much bootcamp sucked he said it was the best time ever and wouldn't mind doing it again! It is a good experience for him, make sure you let him know how much you care and support him. It will go by fast just try and keep busy.